Amid Russia’s ongoing assault on Ukraine and recent US pledges to ship extra weapons to the embattled Ukrainians, Moscow has despatched what’s being termed a proper diplomatic be aware to Washington warning that extra American army help is “adding fuel” to the bitter struggle, the Washington Post experiences, stating that the outlet has seen the related memo.
We name on the United States and its allies to cease the irresponsible militarization of Ukraine, which means unpredictable penalties for regional and worldwide safety,” the diplomatic memo mentioned.
Russia warned that American provides and different NATO deliveries of what Moscow referred to as the “most sensitive” weapons techniques had been “adding fuel” to the state of affairs in Ukraine and will convey “unpredictable consequences.”
The bundle will embrace artillery techniques, corresponding to howitzer weapons, artillery rounds, and armored personnel carriers, the White House introduced, along with helicopters, coastal protection drones and extra anti-tank and anti-aircraft defensive weapons, “tailored to the wider assault we expect Russia to launch in eastern Ukraine,” Biden mentioned in a press release.
The US can also be facilitating different long-range techniques to be provided by allies.
The diplomatic be aware from Moscow is known to have been despatched on Tuesday of this week. The further army help introduced the full offered by the US to Ukraine since Russia’s invasion to $3.2 billion, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby mentioned and the Washington Post additional reported.
The memo is titled: “On Russia’s concerns in the context of massive supplies of weapons and military equipment to the Kiev regime.”
It was written in Russian with a translation offered and arrived on the US State Department through Russia’s US embassy.
You can learn the remainder of the Post’s article right here.
Good morning, US politics stay weblog readers, it’s Friday morning in Washington, DC, and Congress is on recess however there’s lots happening within the nation’s capital.
Here’s what’s rumbling up to now:
- Russia is warning the US to cease its escalation of army provides to Ukraine because it continues efforts to repel Russia’s invasion of its southern neighbor. There’s been a “formal diplomatic note” from Moscow. The Washington Post has seen it.
- White House press secretary Jen Psaki instructed a podcast that, whereas Joe Biden could also be “ready” to go to Ukraine (as he talked about yesterday to reporters ready close to Air Force One) “we are not sending the president to Ukraine”.
- Bill Browder, a distinguished critic of Vladimir Putin, is having a spherical desk in Washington and his new e book concludes on the Russian chief and his rich oligarchs: “This is an organized crime story.”
- Top Donald Trump anti-immigration right-winger Stephen Miller had a protracted and contentious interplay with the particular House of Representatives committee investigating the Trump-fueled rebel on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
- Various distinguished Democratic operatives are warning that voters are involved that their occasion can’t/gained’t get its act collectively earlier than the mid-term elections this November however are additionally saying that Trump’s endorsing wingnuts goes to do them a favor.