Editor’s observe: It’s time to recap the highest tales on CultureMap from this previous week.
1. Texas-based hop-on jet service takes off with nonstop flights from Houston to Destin. The airline touts its “no crowds, no lines, and no fuss” journey expertise.
2. Where to eat in Houston proper now: 9 greatest new eating places serve up steak, ramen, dim sum, and extra. This month’s listing of latest eating places consists of locations in Montrose, Pearland, Katy, and extra.
3. Posh, Dallas-based nightclub shakes up Washington Ave. with rooftop views and expensive bottles. Slated to open within the coming weeks, the brand new nightclub will occupy the previous Classic house.
4. Memorial-area restaurant debuts upscale reboot with full service, cocktails, and extra. The restaurant options the culinary abilities of Chez Nous house owners Stacy and Scott Simonson.
5. Ken Hoffman on why the brand new Houston Gamblers USFL staff has zero to do with Houston.”The Houston Gamblers have about as much connection with Texas as, you remember that commercial, picante sauce made in New Jersey.”