Florida Man, Tennessee Couple ID’d as Company Discovered Lifeless at Bahamas Resort – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Price

Samples extracted from three American vacationers who died at a resort within the Bahamas beneath mysterious circumstances have been despatched to a lab within the United States to expedite outcomes and assist authorities perceive what occurred, officers stated Monday.

The police commissioner of the Bahamas, Paul Rolle, stated officers additionally collected samples from the rooms the place the vacationers have been staying and the encompassing property to find out whether or not any contaminants have been current.

“We really want to know what caused this,” he stated.

He recognized the victims as Michael Phillips, 68, and spouse Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee, and Vincent Paul Chiarella, 64, of Florida. Rolle declined to offer their hometowns.

Chiarella’s spouse, Donnis, was airlifted to a hospital in Florida and stays in critical situation, Rolle stated.

Their our bodies have been discovered Friday morning on the Sandals Emerald Bay resort in Exuma, the place the {couples} had been staying in two separate villas.

The samples have been despatched to a lab in Philadelphia, with outcomes of the toxicology research anticipated in a few week, Rolle stated. He famous that the Bahamas’ Department of Environmental Health and law enforcement officials are nonetheless on the resort.

When requested what he thinks might need triggered the vacationers’ deaths, Rolle stated: “I’m not going to speculate.”

He famous that every one 4 vacationers went to a physician the evening earlier than their our bodies have been found they usually had complained of feeling sick. He stated they went at completely different occasions and had eaten various things.

Meanwhile, Sandals Resorts stated it might not remark additional past its unique assertion, which famous that it’s supporting the investigation and the households of these affected.

“Out of respect for the privacy of our guests, we cannot disclose further information at this time,” the corporate stated.

The deaths come seven years after a Delaware household turned significantly sick at a resort within the U.S. Virgin Islands. U.S. authorities decided that methyl bromide, a extremely poisonous pesticide banned for indoor residential use in 1984, was guilty and had been used at that resort a number of occasions.


Associated Press reporter Michael Catalini in Trenton, New Jersey, contributed.

Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.