Entertainment

Five-Year-Old Girl Left Partially Bald After Cake Mixer Ripped Off Her Hair While She Baked With Grandmother


A Scottish mother was left devastated following a “freak accident” involving her 5-year-old daughter. The child had a huge chunk of hair ripped off of her head by a cake mixer.

According to reports, the life-threatening incident occurred on Oct.23, when the unnamed girl was baking a cake with her grandmother.

While baking the cake, the child reportedly leaned forward towards the mixing bowl to check if the cake mix was ready.

In a “split-second”, the child’s hair got entangled in an electric whisk which ripped away a huge patch of hair from her head.

Luckily, her grandmother’s reflexes were very strong. The woman immediately turned off the whisk. 

However, by the time the mixer came to a stop, it had torn away around a quarter of the girl’s hair, The Scottish Sun reported.

The child’s mother is now urging other parents to be extra careful when letting their kids near hazardous machinery. She said that what happened to her daughter was a “freak accident” and the family could not have seen it coming.

“She was leaning towards the bowl and in a split second her hair was ripped out. Thank goodness my mum managed to act fast and switch the mixer off or I dread to think how much worse it could have been,” she said.

The mother said that her daughter was in shock after that incident, but now she has recovered from the horrifying memories.

“She has actually been incredible. She has been more concerned about us adults. Her scalp was a bit sore and tender for a few days but apart from that she has been ok, considering.”

“It’s us who have been so upset and she seems to be taking it in her stride.”

“The only thing she was anxious about was going to school because she didn’t want people to make fun of her.”

The mother wanted to cheer up her daughter, so a day after the incident, she contacted Linzi Bone Hair, a local hairdresser who specializes in hair loss treatments. 

The mother said she “can’t thank Linzi enough”.

“She actually performed a miracle. I can’t believe how natural her hair looks, you would think it had never happened.”

She used a technique called mesh hair integration and managed to completely cover the bald patch on the girl’s head. However, she has warned the family that it could take around six months or more for her real hair to grow back.

Linzi said: “She was such a wee trooper.”

“As soon as her mum got in touch I just made a space and ordered the hair because I just couldn’t not help her.”

“Sadly I have seen this kind of thing before with kids and adults getting their hair caught in remote control cars, drills, a fan or a go-kart.”

“Where possible everyone should make sure hair is tied away completely because there are so many dangers that we just don’t think about.”

 A similar incident was reported from Stoke, Staffordshire, England on Oct.4, when 39-year-old  Shaun Potter, a ‘Pets At Home’ worker tragically died after getting “trapped in a piece of machinery” at work.

Potter was at his place of work when he got into the deadly accident.

Emergency services were called to the retailer’s warehouse in Campbell Road soon after and the firefighters had to work for hours to free Potter from the machinery. He was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital where he later died.
 

Five-year-old left partially bald after freak accident The child was baking a cake with her grandmother when the “freak accident” occurred. Mirrorpix.




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *