A 27-year-old mother has been electrocuted to death in front of her daughter after stepping on a high-voltage wire while walking along the beachfront during their holiday.
Camila Pinheiro da Costa from Brazil died during a trip to Nova Vicosa in the state of Bahia in late February.
The young mum, who worked as a civil servant for Governador Valadares, was walking along the beachfront avenue when she stepped on a live cable and was killed in front of her four-year-old daughter.
For more Lifestyle related news and videos check out Lifestyle >>
She was holding her daughter at the time and the child was saved by onlookers although her mother died on the spot.
Pinheiro da Costa worked as a receptionist at a local medical clinic. The City Council has expressed its condolences to the victim’s family.
“The secretariat sympathises with the civil servant’s family and asks God to help the daughter make a full recovery, and to send comfort and strength to everyone in this moment of pain,” the statement read.
The victim’s body will undergo an autopsy before being sent to her family for burial.
Pinheiro da Costa shared a photo of her enjoying the beach on social media the day before her death.
The power company for Bahia State (Coelba) said they sent a team to the scene to carry out an investigation and ensure that no other accidents take place.
Investigations are ongoing.