Entertainment

24-Year-Old Woman Who Feasted On Sushi Ends Up In The Hospital


A 24-year-old woman who wanted to get her money’s worth over at a sushi bar got more than he bargained for in a bad way. Instead of enjoying the all-you-can-eat sushi treat, she ended up getting hospitalized for consuming too much.

She was identified as Danielle Shapiro who went into the Sushi 85 restaurant in Mountain View, California in December to avail of the all-you-can-eat sushi buffet priced at $50.

Shapiro allegedly ate as much as 32 whole sushi rolls but felt the effects of consuming too much of them afterward.

The 24-year-old shared what happened after her consuming too much sushi on her TikTok account on Dec. 23. She ended up in the hospital after suffering a severe stomach ache. The post was captioned: “All you can eat sushi gone wrong.”

She was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly known as acid reflux.

After the forgettable experience, Shapiro advised not to consume that much food in one sitting.

“Our dinner was about two hours long because we were so stuffed that we had to keep taking breaks,” she said on the video. “Immediately after dinner, we were so full we had to sit in my car for about 30 minutes before driving home. My stomach felt very firm from all the sushi and probably the rice that expanded in my stomach,” she added.

Aside from consuming the colossal amount of sushi, Shapiro also had some miso soup, four gyozas and some jalapeno poppers. As for the sushi itself, the 24-year-old consumed eight dragon rolls, eight snow rolls, eight California rolls, and eight wakame rolls.

She also narrated what she did after having the colossal meal and what led her to being hospitalized.

“That night I went to sleep at my boyfriend’s house and I had the worst stomach ache but didn’t think much of it since I had a huge meal! I am not a morning person so when I woke up around 6 am the next day, I knew something was wrong,” she said. “My stomach and chest had intense pain and it was hard to take deep breaths.”

She was brought to the hospital by her boyfriend and grandmother and was given medication to address her suffering.

Danielle Shapiro Danielle Shapiro Photo credit: @DanielleShap Tiktok account screengrab




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close